- 60 Historic Milk District Homes Demolished for 120 Rental Duplex Units
- The Milk District to be the New Thornton Park aka #wonustown
- Milk District Duplexes Defended by Their Developer Adam Wonus
- How the Duplex Shat Up Downtown Orlando
- City's Duplex Design Policy to be Altered
- College Park Duplex Developer May Side-Step Zoning to Double Their Money
After extensive public input at meetings on March 17, 2015, April 21, 2015 and September 21, 2016, the Municipal Planning Board recommended approval of the LDC amendment on December 20, 2016 (LDC2016-00199). City Council heard a legislative appeal on January 23, 2017. The appeal was denied and staff was directed to prepare an ordinance. Ordinance No. 2017-17 amending the Land Development Code to revise the standards for duplex and tandem development goes before City Council February 27th.
The code amendments include changes to parking standards, driveways, landscaping, and building design standards. Additional changes are proposed for the Colonialtown North Special Plan zoning overlay area.
New Duplex Ordinance Summary:
The information below is a summary of proposed ordinance #2017-17 changes, relating to duplex and tandem development. Code citations that relate to the ordinance text are included in parentheses for each item.