The Hanson Building to Get New Front Doors After 32 Years
The brick and wood storefront building, originally constructed in 1913 as part of 25 East Pine Street, is a contributing structure in the Downtown Historic District. Starting in 1915, it was used as Hanson’s Shoe Repair. The business remained there until 1970.
The sign that was at the property is believed to have been Orlando’s first electric advertising sign.
They're proposing to replace the existing 4 panel wood storefront with a 3 panel aluminum store front system with an infill panel on the left side of the doors and upper windows.
The doors were installed in 1987 and were based on the original ones. Prior to that, in 1973, the storefront had been altered with a modern entry set back into the façade.
The building contains Hanson's Shoe Repair, a password-entry cocktail bar.