Search
  • Mark Baratelli, Editor

60 efficiency apartments coming to proposed affordable housing project

Trident Property Group (Website) is proposing to construct a three story 72 unit multi-family apartment complex at 5750 Stonewall Jackson Road (MAP) in Englewood Park.


The name of the project is Blü Apartments.


The proposed development would include 60 one-bedroom units and 12 two-bedroom units. The one-bedroom units would be 463 SF in size and would be considered efficiencies.


90% of the development would be certified as affordable housing. The remaining 10% will be market.


The 1.4 acre property is currently vacant. The surrounding neighborhood includes existing apartment complexes and residential facilities.


A minimum of 111 parking spaces would be required for the project to be approved, but Trident says it meets the following criteria for a 25% reduction in the number of parking spaces: it's close to transit (2 bus routs are less than 200 feet away), it includes affordable housing, it will contain 5 on-street parking spaces, it will include bike racks, moped/motorcycle parking, and a bench.


Trident is also requesting a density bonus.


The project goes before the Municipal Planning Board August 18th.




© 2020 The Daily City | Orlando, FL

mark@thedailycity.com

Instagram | Facebook