10 Things to Do This Weekend - June 16 + 17
After reading our list, if you still make the claim "There's nothing to dewwwwww!" you're lying liar who lies. Yeah we said it.
10 Things to Do This Weekend June 16 + 17
By Mark Baratelli
Get this emailed to you each week: thedailycity.email
1. Orlando Oddities and Curiosities Market - Some of the finest oddities dealers and artists from around the state are selling bone art, taxidermy, wet specimens, antiques, Jewelry, and more inside a brewery! Meet fellow collectors and talk shop Saturday 1 to 6 at Hourglass Brewing.
2.Kraft Azalea Garden Community Park Workday- Need to get outside and get some dirt under your fingernails? Volunteers will be weeding, mulching, and planting to help Kraft Azalea Garden be all it can be! Gardening supplies and water will be provided but elbow grease will not! HA! Bring a reusable water bottle, wear closed-toe shoes, hats, and long pants to the Community Park Workday Saturday 8:30am-11:30am at Kraft Azalea Park.
3. Deadly Medicine: Creating the Master Race- Explore the history of the early 20th-century international eugenics movement and the complicity of physicians and scientists in Nazi racial policies. This exhibition challenges us to reflect on the present-day interest in genetic manipulation that promotes the possibility of human perfection. The exhibition is on display Sunday 1pm to 4pm at Holocaust Memorial Resource and Education Center.
4. 3rd Annual Festival of the Sea Seafood Festival- Multiple seafood vendors will be serving food, there'll be a beer & wine garden, Arts & Crafts vendors and a kids play area at the 3rd Annual Festival of the Sea Seafood Festival Saturday 11 to 7 at Festival Park.
5.Poses For Pups: A Rescue Yoga Event- Discover the true meaning of downward dog by ttaking a 60 minute yoga class in a room filled with puppies and dogs roaming freely around the room. Come prepared for sniffs, licks, kisses, and cuddles. All the dogs are available for adoption. Poses For Pups is Saturday 11 to 12:30 at Peaceful Peacock Orlando.
6. AC2: An Intimate Evening with Anderson Cooper & Andy Cohen- Join Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper for an unscripted, uncensored and unforgettable night of conversation. The late night talk show host and the journalist, longtime friends, interview each other and take questions from the audience. It's a live, interactive look behind the scenes of pop culture and world events. An Intimate Evening with Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen is Saturday 8 to 10pm at Dr Phillips Center for the Performing Arts.
7. My Little Pony Fair and Convention Join other collectors and fans who share a common passion for My Little Pony over two days. Celebrate the iconic toy, show off your artistic skills in one of our many contests, test your pony knowledge, add new ponies to your collection, and more during the My Little Pony Fair and Convention Saturday and Sunday at Rozen Plaza Hotel.
8. Rhythms at the Roost- Amp up your Saturday at Cranes Roost Park with jazz, funk, blues and rock with a New Orleans flare played live by the NOLA Brass band. Food will be for sale. Bring a chair and enjoy great music and food and the spring weather during Rhythms at the Roost Saturday 6 to 10pm at Cranes Roost Park.
9. Anthony Bourdain - A Tribute- A celebration of Anthony Bourdain's life will be taking place by cooking a full menu of items featured on the Thailand episodes of his shows A Cook's Tour, No Reservations, and Parts Unknown. Swine & Sons and Papa Llama will also be present serving up Southern-inspired and Peruvian bites in honor of the late great chef. $1 from each dish sold will go to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. The Anthony Bourdain Tribute is Saturday 6 to 9 at Redlight Redlight.
10. Wish You Were Here: The Hotels and Motels of Winter Park- Walk through a small exhibition of historical artifacts from lodgings located in Winter Park, from the 1800s to today as part of the exhibit "Wish You Were Here: The Hotels and Motels of Winter Park" Saturday all day at the Winter Park Historical Museum
The Orlando Flea (Instagram | Facebook) is Sunday September 16th 12pm-4pm at the downtown performance venue Celine Orlando at 22 S. Magnolia Ave. The indoor marketplace will feature a tightly curated collection of local and regional artisans, designers and makers, along with live music, a full bar and local bites.
The Orlando Flea wants to create a community around supporting and celebrating our region's creative small business owners. There's an inspiration and energy that comes from talking with and just being around creative people doing what they love. The Orlando Flea wants to be a hub for that energy and experience.
Since it was publicly announced March 1st, The Orlando Flea has amassed over 800 fans on Instagram and 130+ members in its Vendor group. The Orlando Flea is the latest production from The Daily City.