The Orlando chapter of the American Institute of Architects has created the Architectural Guide to Central Florida, the first available guide to offer an overview of outstanding buildings spanning nearly a century and a half of growth in Central Florida. The book includes:
- 300 featured buildings in the six county region
- comprehensive index organizing buildings by architect and building types
- short biographs in the Appendix provide information on notable local architects who’s buildings are included in the catalogue
- addresses and maps to aid self-guided tours
With dramatic color photography, the guidebook introduces the major cities from Daytona to Lake Wales, and architects who have shaped the communities, including Murry S. King, James Gamble Rogers II, Nils M. Schweizer and Gene Leedy, with essays by ten knowledgeable experts. It showcases historic buildings from the early twentieth century, mid-century modern, to the present, as well as the only campus designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, and a new spectacular Polytechnic University by Santiago Calatrava. A bevy of buildings at Walt Disney World and Celebration Florida by Leading National and International architects Robert Stern, Arata Isozaki, Phillip Johnson, Aldo Rossi, Michael Graves, Venturi Scott Brown, Graham Gund, Welton Becket, Walt Disney Imagineering and Architectonica round out the collection
To buy one:
- The book is currently for presale.
- The cost is $35 plus tax.
- Download the Invoice Here
- Email it to Allison@aiaorlando.com
- AIA Orlando will notify buyers as soon as the books arrive in their office at 801 N. Magnolia Ave., Suite 109, Orlando, FL 32803 (MAP). Buyers can then pick them up there Mon-Thurs from 9:00-5:00 and Fridays from 9:00-Noon.
- Questions: 407-898-7006