The Sunrail Museum of Art is coming... sort of. The actual name of this creative new project is "Art is Moving." Curator Nicki Drumb, the project's brainchild, will hang art from regional artists on Sunrail trains thanks to her $1,000 grant from The Awesome Foundation.
Art will be seen starting March 10, 2017. Each window will feature a piece of art. The pieces will be printed onto perforated vinyl and placed on all the windows. Two interior partitions on the mid-level. Window art is re-produced and displayed on the outside of the first, second and third levels of the train car.
Artist Submission Information:
- Art Submission Dates: Wednesday, Feb. 15 – Friday, Feb 24, Noon
- Art Selections Finalized: Wednesday, March 1
- First Day Train Rolls: Monday, March 13
- Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival: Friday, March 17-19
- • Only artwork submitted in proper specifications will be considered
- • Send only press-ready, high resolution PDFs
- • Outline any fonts, if applicable
- Submit to: email@example.com
- • 35” x 35” (exterior windows)
- • 35” x 44” (exterior windows)
- • 36” x 48” (interior partitions)
An independent jury will choose what makes the cut.
Window art is re-produced in perforated vinyl and displayed on the outside of the first, second and third levels of the train car. So keep in mind that small details may get diminished or not be seen well from a distance.
Note: the following are a partial list of the areas of interest promoted by SunRail, either audibly on-board, on-line at SunRail.com, statically or promotional in efforts:
- Sand Lake Road: Orlando International Airport, Florida Mall
- Orlando Health/Amtrak : Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies, Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, UF Health Cancer Center, Historic Orlando Amtrak station
- Church Street: Amway Center, Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center
- Seneff Arts Plaza, Church Street Station, Mad Cow Theatre, Orlando City Hall, Valencia College Downtown Center
- LYNX Central: Orange County Courthouse, Orange County Library & Melrose Center, Bob Carr Theater, Creative Village, UCF Center for Emerging Media & Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy
- Florida Hospital Health Village: Florida Hospital for Women, Florida Hospital Cancer Institute, Loch Haven Park Cultural Venues, (Orlando Science Center, Orlando Museum of Art, Orlando Shakespeare Theatre, Orlando Repertory Theatre), Adventist University of Health Sciences
- Winter Park: Park Avenue shops and restaurants, Hannibal Square shops and restaurants, Rollins College, The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art, Winter Park Scenic Boat Tour, Winter Park History Museum,
- Maitland: Lake Lily, Art & History Museums, Maitland Historical Museum, Waterhouse Residence Museum, Maitland Art Center, Holocaust Memorial Resource & Educational Center of Florida
- Altamonte Springs: Uptown Altamonte, Altamonte Mall
- Longwood: South Seminole Hospital, Longwood City Hall
- Lake Mary: Downtown Lake Mary shops and restaurants, Lake Mary Historical Museum
- Sanford: Historic Downtown Sanford and Waterfront
- Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center, Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens, Central Florida Regional Hospital
- Debary: Gemini Springs Park, Spring to Spring Trail
- Historic Downtown Deland, Lake Monroe Park