Skip to main content

Proposed Bar/Brewery in Mills50 Goes Before City Council in March





A proposed 3,300 sq ft brewery and bar called "Unique Brewery and bar" at 1010 Virginia Drive in the Mills50 district was recommended for approval by the Orlando Municipal Planning Board and will go before city council in March. 

From the staff report:

Our plan is to create a small production brewery with a tasting room (bar) to promote local craft beers. We will utilize less than 25% of the space for brewing equipment and use the remaining 75% for our tasting room (bar). Future plans include outdoor seating and a small beer garden (next to the bike trail).

With over 35 combined years in the craft beer industry and in Central Florida, we have the experience and friends in the community to make this a success. Craft beer is having double digit growth and gaining national recognition. Florida and Orlando specifically are behind the curve. Pinellas County has 16 craft breweries operating or in planning; we have three (3). This project should help put us on the map and hopefully be one of many craft breweries for Orlando to be proud of.

We will recycle as much used product as possible. We will work with local farmers to have leftover grain used for cattle feed. We will reclaim as much water as possible for cleaning and limit what goes down the drain.

With the heavy traffic and limited parking in the neighborhood, we have secured designated parking from the property owner at the location after their normal business hours (after 4:30pm). Deliveries will be accepted on the side street (Brookhaven) to ensure no impacts to traffic on Virginia Dr. We will also provide bike racks to promote the use of the Orlando Urban Trail, which our location faces. The bike community and craft beer share many fans and we plan to support them and trail usage.

We are involved with the UCF incubator program and are working closely with them in this project. 

Recycling is also important to the owners: