Disney Accelerator Startup Program Has Arrived for Technology-Enabled Startups in the Media and Entertainment Space
Each participating team will receive:
- $120,000 in investment capital. Each company participating in the program receives $20,000 in funding upon acceptance, and access to an additional $100,000 convertible debt note at their sole option. Thus, $120,000 in investment capital is available to each and every company immediately upon acceptance into Disney Accelerator.
- Access to stories, characters, resources and relationships from across The Walt Disney Company, such as The Walt Disney Studios, Disney Animation, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, ESPN, ABC, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Disney Consumer Products, and Disney Interactive
- Support from and access to Techstars’ vast global network of mentors and alumni — an amazing collection of entrepreneurs, investors, and innovators interested in helping participating companies succeed
- Dedicated Disney Accelerator working space
- Mentor support from key Disney executives and leaders, other entertainment industry leaders, venture capitalists, and the broader entrepreneurial community
- An Investor Demo Day in September, where each team will present their company and product to entertainment leaders and investors
The Disney Accelerator office will be located in greater Los Angeles, the heart of the entertainment industry. The companies that participate do not have to stay in the Los Angeles area when the program ends after three months. They are free to move to any location they wish after the program.