Their first class of 8 startups will be pitching their products at Starter Studio Demo Day on Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 6-10pm at Cheyanne Saloon & Opera House (128 West Church Street, Orlando, FL 32801). Buy tickets online.
Seven of their startups will take the stage to highlight what they’ve accomplished, pitch their business, and show attendees why their startup will succeed. It's a night of networking and presentations to celebrate Orlando's blossoming startup community.
- 6:00 PM - Networking, drinks, and appetizers.
- 7:00 PM - Introductions & Keynote
- 7:30 PM - Demos
- 8:00 PM - 10 Minute Intermission
- 8:10 PM - More Demos
- 8:50 PM - Closing thoughts
- 9:00 PM - More networking
- 10:00 PM - Doors close
- Learn Everywhere Whether it is a big exam, new policies, or a new language, we help you remember what matters.
- SHOFLO A web application that offers real time cue management for the event production industry. SHOFLO saves production companies time and money by replacing paper based printing practices with a collaborative, sustainable, real time web application.
- SnapShots SnapShots is an iPhone app that allows users a beautiful way to capture photos and videos into user-created events. Users can invite their friends and family giving them the ability to crowdsource their own photos into the event(s). SnapShots is live in the Apple iTunes App Store and was the featured app in the photo and video category in the United States and in Canada.
- Ocoos Ocoos provides an integrated marketing and management platform for small business to be world-class in the digital age. Our easy to use technology helps small business grow with tools to market their business, interact with todays modern consumer, and manage their operations more efficiently with tools previously only available to large corporations.
- Edukate Edukate connects retirement plan participants to online financial education. Empowering them to make better financial choices while delivering insightful data to employers and retirement plan administrators helping them make more impactful decisions.
- Ninebricks The past two years have seen rapid advancement in online education with 2012 being named ‘The Year of the MOOC’ by The New York Times. Ninebricks is helping classroom instructors to transition their traditional courses to video-based online classrooms.
- Frisbee: Frisbee is a proximity-based social networks that connects users to the people and businesses around them.
- FreshETech FreshETech designs and sells innovative products that solve small problems but make a big impact. Our main product is Splash Shower Tunes, a Bluetooth waterproof shower remote and speaker.
What Does the Program Do?
- Match Starters with experienced and successful mentors who will help strategically guide them. They have “walked the walk” and will provide insights by “talking the talk.”
- Organize educational events relevant to Starters’ needs, taught by some of the best teachers and entrepreneurs in Florida.
- Host Founder Talks, where successful entrepreneurs tell stories of their struggles and successes.
- Host Investor Talks, where investors give you tips about how to win funding (if that’s something you’re into).
- Supply 24/7 access to working space at our brand new office shared by Envy Labs and Code School in downtown Orlando.
- Facilitate access to free legal and financial assistance.
- Assist introductions to influential decision-makers in their industry.
- Provide guidance and support for companies when they get stuck. We’ve all been there.
- Serve all the coffee, espresso, sodas, and snacks you need plus free lunch every Friday.
- Showcase you at a Demo/Pitch day at the at the end of our program to get you some publicity.