The Food Truck Bazaar
The Food Truck Bazaar (About, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) is the country's first gourmet food truck event and it was born right here in Orlando in March 2011. It was created by Mark Baratelli of The Daily City and in 2012 alone, it was done 137 times. It reaches 8,000-12,000 people per month.
- TITUSVILLE FEB 25, 2013 | 5-8pm | 2500 South Washington Ave | Beard Pappa, Bem Bom, Cafe Rouge, Fork in the Road, The Crepe Company, Twisted Cuban, Local Yolk'l, Mayan Grill, Monsta Lobsta, The Treehouse Truck, Up In Smoke BBQ, Charlie's Bakery, Yum Yum Cupcake
- LAKE NONA FEB 26, 2013 | 5-8pm | Valencia Coll, 12350 Narcoosee Rd | The Treehouse Truck, Melissa's Chicken and Waffles, Saigon Sizzle, Swede Dish, Mayan Grill, Up In Smoke BBQ, Claw daddy's, Fantastic Hummus, Over Rice Food Truck, Wako Taco, Charlie’s Bakery, Yum Yum Cupcake Truck, Café Cocoa Mo
- DEBARY FEB 28, 2013 | 5-8pm | Gateway Center Arts, 880 US 17-92 | Beard Pappa, Cafe Cocoa Mo, Cafe Rouge, Fork in the Road, Twisted Cuban, Mayan Grill, Monsta Lobsta, Over Rice, Tastebuds, The Flattery, Up In Smoke BBQ, Ice Cream Social, Yum Yum Cupcake
- KISSIMMEE MARCH 1, 2013 | 6-9pm | 201 E. Dakin Ave | Sit & Stay Pet Café, Beard Pappa, Cafe Cocoa Mo, 5Gastronomy, Big Wheel Provisions, Fork in the Road, The Crepe Company, Twisted Cuban, The Treehouse Truck, Melissa's Chicken and Waffles, Korean BBQ Taco Box, Tastebuds, Carobama BBQ, Monsta Lobsta, Dixieland Diner, Treasure Island Treats, Charlie's Bakery, Yum Yum Cupcake Truck
- SANFORD MARCH 2, 2013 | 6-9pm | 201 E Seminole Blvd | Beard Pappa, Cafe Cocoa Mo, Cafe Rouge, Fork in the Road, The Crepe Company, Twisted Cuban, The Flattery, Saigon Sizzle, Korean BBQ Taco Box, Tastebuds, Carobama BBQ, ClawDaddy’s, Fantastic Hummus, Local Yolk'l, Ice Cream Social, Yum Yum Cupcake Truck, Sit & Stay Pet Café
- ORANGE CITY MARCH 3, 2013 | 6-9pm | KMart plaza, 810 Saxon Blvd | Coffee Urge, Cafe Rouge, The Crepe Company, Twisted Cuban, Saigon Sizzle, Swede Dish, La Empanada, C&S Brisket Bus, Up In Smoke BBQ, Monsta Lobsta, Over Rice Food Truck, Uber Good, Dimple's Delights, Ice Cream Social, Yum Yum Cupcake Truck
TheDailyCity.com's Mark Baratelli has been a proponent of food trucks since 2009 when he created Taco Truck Taste Test, a monthly food truck meet-up and TheDailyCity.com Mobile Art Show, a monthly art show in a moving van. In 2010, we blogged about Hell's Kitchen Food Truck Bazaar and suggested someone bring the idea to Orlando. No one did. In January 2011, the owner of Red Eye BBQ food truck suggested we try an event like the ones happening in Miami: large amounts of food trucks, large amounts of people. Mark combined the two ideas, we made an official announcement February 2, 2011 and watched it come to life March 29, 2011.
Creator Mark Baratelli
The Orlando Business Journal named Mark Baratelli (About | Facebook) a 2012 40 Under 40 award recipient and the Orlando Weekly said "If everyone in Orlando who claims to care about the arts had 1 percent of (Mark) Baratelli’s energy and commitment, this city would be a world culture capital." That same newspaper named him 2012 + 2011 Best Local Advocate and 2010 Best Arts Advocate. He created and Produced Orlando Improv Festival, Audience Choice Awards and Mobile Art Show. His event The Food Truck Bazaar won 2012 Best Local Food Event from Edible Orlando Magazine (2nd), 2012 Best Monthly Event from YELP Orlando, earned him a 2012 BizBash Best Event Producer nomination and earned him the title of "The Pied Piper of Food Trucks" from the Orlando Business Journal.