We shared a few pictures of the Star Wars opening on Friday at Legoland Florida and promised more pictures. Today we share those pictures in this two part post. First here are some pictures of the Star Wars mini-land Grand Opening.
The grand opening featured many local media in attendance and local four and five year olds joined in all in Darth Vader costumes. 501st and Rebel Legions brought the main star wars characters seen throughout the park. The new mini-land built in a 1:20 scale, features over 1.5million Legos, took over 12 months to complete, and features scenes from each of the six movies, and a seventh from the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
The featured cinematic scenes are:· Episode I: Naboo: Naboo is one of the most geographically varied planets in the Star Wars movies. This scene depicts the Battle of Naboo and the capital Theed – both the Royal Palace and the hangar can be seen. In this battle scene, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn encounter and fight the Sith apprentice, Darth Maul.
· Episode II: Geonosis: In this scene, visitors have a fantastic view of the Geonosis arena, in which Padmé Amidala, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker battle ferocious creatures. Witness the clash between Count Dooku’s droid army and the Grand Army of the Republic.
· Episode III: Kashyyyk and Mustafar: In this scene, two planets are revealed: Kashyyyk and Mustafar. On one side, you'll be placed right into the Battle of Kashyyyk – the home of Chewbacca and the Wookiees. Here you'll discover fantastic vehicles modeled from LEGO bricks, such as the massive Clone Turbo Tank. On the other side, catch a glimpse of the fateful duel on Mustafar between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker.
· Episode IV: Tatooine: Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, C-3PO and R2-D2 can be spotted in this desert planet, Tatooine. Here you'll discover Uncle Owen’s moisture farm, where Luke Skywalker lived as a child; peek inside the Cantina where the animated Cantina Band plays and stand above the spaceport where the largest LEGO model of Han Solo's famous starship, the Millennium Falcon, blasts off.
· Episode V: Hoth: The Rebels take refuge on this icy planet, Hoth, but the Empire tracks them down and the Rebels are forced to flee. This scene features LEGO models of the Imperial AT-ATs, Rebel snowspeeders and Luke Skywalker’s X-wing starfighter. Look closely and you'll see Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia.
· Episode VI: Endor - Next we travel to a forest moon and home of the Ewoks, who fight against the Imperial Forces alongside the Rebels. The Endor system plays a key role in Return of the Jedi as the site of the Battle of Endor, fought to prevent construction of the second Death Star. This scene presents the final victory of the Rebel Alliance over the Empire. Here you can view a large-scale model of an Imperial shuttle on its landing platform, delivering a fearsome passenger - the Dark Lord of the Sith himself, Darth Vader.
· The Clone Wars: Christophsis - The seventh area brings us to a scene from the animated series The Clone Wars on the planet Christophsis. Chronologically, the series takes place between Episode II and Episode III and focuses on the adventures of Jedi Knights Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi. The LEGO scene depicts part of the planet’s surface, with the largest of all LEGO Star Wars models: an approximately 8-foot tall building from the Crystal City. You will also see a scene showing a battle between Separatist battle droids and Republic clone troopers.
The new LEGO Star Wars Miniland will be included with park admission. The best way to experience LEGOLAND Florida for the best value is with the LEGOLAND Florida Resident Pass. For a limited time, Florida Residents will receive a $20 discount on the purchase of a Merlin Annual Pass USA ($159-adults, $129-children/seniors).
|Star Wars characters, provide by 501st and Rebel Legions, greeted guest at the front gates|
|The new mini-land is towards the back of the current mini-land.|
|Lots of media to cover the opening|
|After the introductory talks fireworks hidden throughout the models are set off as the ribbon is cut.|
|The four and five year olds come out in their costumes|
|All of the scenes have special signage explaining what the scene is|
|Afterwards the mini Darth Vaders got to spend time on the rides in the park.|
|An interactive fight scene, when you press a button nearby they come alive and spin around fighting|
|A cart nearby sells Star Wars Lego sets|
|Both gift shops in the entrance area now have Star Wars sections|
|Star Wars posters were seen throughout the park, this one is located near the entrance at one of the gift shops|